October 21, 2012

Carol - TAST, Italian Border Stitch

Italian Border Stitch
Perle 5
I've sort of dumped this stitch on the block and don't really know where I'm going to go next except perhaps to add a few beads.  I think the stitching should be extended onto the top ribbon, but for some reason I didn't want to do that.  Unhappy with the result and it's certainly not elegant.
 
 
This is Italian Border stitched singly, but with a few more wraps to make the knot more procounced.  I like this treatment as it could so easily be enhanced.  Again perle 5 was used.
 

8 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I think both variations work well. No need to fret about the one--it all comes together in the end.

Judy S. said...

Looks fine to me, too!

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

You're both being very kind.

Debra Spincic said...

:-)

cq4fun said...

I like it all, and I can feel the same dichotomy over whether to extend the stitching onto the ribbon. For some reason, I keep picturing a running stitch in a gold thread meandering between the branches and over the ribbon at the top of each one. I like the way you've pulled the purples into the yellow swatch.

Cy said...

I really like the Italian border stitch that is couching the ribbon on the second photo. You may have just given me some inspiration to use this stitch, lol.

Suztats said...

I like the IB stitch ( can't quite call it IBS--that has a totally different meaning to me..lol..) couching the ribbon. It looks very nice.
I can visualize some beads on the first pic, and wonder about extending just the beads into the ribbon above. It would carry the colour over, without using the thread. My feeling is that thread is not fine enough to use on the ribbon---it would overpower its delicate and shiny surface. But maybe that's just me.........

ladyhawthorne said...

Everything looks great to me and the colors are just wonderful.