September 29, 2012

Susan: TAST and CQJP Update

Another busy week with little stitching time. It's a good thing I'm in this group, or I might have given up by now! Still a long way from finished, but here's a small addition to the tree trunk. When I was doing the vines on the bird part (which will have some flowers later, I think), I decided to make a vine up the tree trunk. I guess this is inspired by the horrible Kudzu everywhere in the south.

In addition, I did do the knotted buttonhole. I decided to do a cross with it, bringing the second stitch up on the left of the first. I suspect there will be French knots added, too.

10 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I like your kudzu vine! Did you know that stuff is edible?

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Something for your bird to feast on, very lifelike.

Debra Spincic said...

Such pretty and delicate stitches from you, always!

Suztats said...

Nice variation on the KBH! I like the vine, too.

Judy S. said...

We fight blackberries and English ivy here..... Looks like your bird is perched on the vine! Can't wait to see the whole block. I always love your stitching.

Barbara C said...

Your delicate stitching compliments that pretty pink bird.

Cy said...

I'm another one who is thankful for the camaraderie of this group to keep me inspired to stitch each week.
Love your knotted buttonhole stitch, such lovely thread and neat stitches.

cq4fun said...

I did not know that. However, I can't imagine eating something I dislike so much on principle. LOL That stuff gives me nightmares.

cq4fun said...

And here I am trying to get blackberries to grow! =)

cq4fun said...

Thanks for all your sweet words. I appreciate them, am sometimes inspired by something suggested or even said in teasing, and they keep me moving along. =)