September 8, 2012

Susan: August Reveal

Time seems to be flying by, and I'm slow to accomplish anything. There seems to be such a long list of things I must do before I can do what I want to do, and then I feel so tired by the time I get there!

The August block is as finished as it's going to be for now. There will be more beading and some stitching after joining, but this is it for now.


The picture is a little fuzzy when you click on it and then click to enlarge, but it's pouring rain outside and there's no getting a better one right now.

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

What you've done looks lovely. I like the pink bird placement, you couldn't have planned better. Looks like he's hopping in to have a chat with the fairy.

Cy said...

August block is looking good Susan. Love the bead cluster, the gold fan, the detached chains, and the pink lacy trim. And what a lot of lovely stitching everywhere else. Keeps me looking all over it.

I think we are all starting to get a little bit behind with our blocks and stitching. After trying to keep the impetus going for nine months on this project I am starting to slow down now. I am finding it hard to keep my CQ stitching as "fresh" as it was at the start of the year. I need a big kick-up-the-proverbial.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Well done on completing August. I think your fairy says it all with hands on her head " so much to do with so little time". Love your flower spray, vine and bead cluster, it's all looking very pretty.

Debra Spincic said...

Looks sweet enough to call it done. Let's move to September, shall we?

Judy S. said...

She looks great to me, Susan. Great charms! I think we saw that flower (no fairies though) on one of our recent hikes in our mountains....cow parsley. It was everywhere. Lovely stitching, too.

Peacock said...

This is going to be a very wonderful collection of quilt blocks! Your fairies are lovely. :)