September 23, 2012

Cy - Still Playing Sept Catchup


TAST
My piece has longer 'drizzles' in the centre, and ending with short 'drizzles' on the outside.
This gave a lovely domed effect to this item, which shall (eventually) be made into something like a Scissor Fob, a brooch, or a pendant. I'm not sure which yet, but I'll keep my options open for now.






Crazy Quilt Journal Project
CQJP August Block (yes I'm late with it)

I have (at last) finished my August block, but it looks like I forgot to take photos of the completed thing because I can't find them in my files (another of those senior moments).

I do have a few update photos of work I have done on this block through the week, so you will have to 'make do' with those, and just hope I remember to take  more photos before next weekend.






There seems to have been a strong Mandala Theme going on this week in my stitcheries, lol.'


CQJP September Block
Oh Yeah!!! 

Doing a happy dance that I actually managed to get my September Naked Block stitched before I run out of September days.
That does not mean that it will be completed in September, but at least it started was in September.



So that's me all stitched for this week's reveal of work.

I have been back at my art studio stuff too, but that's a whole 'nother story and a different blog.


Happy Stitching




18 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Pretty cool drizzle stitch thingamabob!

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Love your drizzle, it would look great as part of a very special button cluster. September's block is ready and waiting for your wonderful adornments.

Cy said...

Lol, love the 'thingamabob' description.

Cy said...

That's a very good idea for my drizzle stitched thing Carol. As the colour is within my CQ colour scheme, I may use it on September's block as a feature after all. Thanks for that.

Suztats said...

A drizzle mandala! Perfect for your September block, too, Cy. Love all your mandalas on the August block. Nice work.

Cy said...

Thanks Suz. Can't go without my mandalas, lol.

Debra Spincic said...

That's what I would do -- use it for Sept.--why waste the effort?
It would also be good for your Mum's cushion-or at least the idea of the drizzle stitch.

Cy said...

A good idea for mum's cushion too Debra, thanks. I can see it stitched in bright variegated colours on that.

Judy S. said...

Your drizzle-thingamabob, at least the side view, makes me think of a blueberry tart with lots of whipped cream! Nice mandalas.

Debra Spincic said...

You are welcome. I love giving design advice --- LOL!

Cy said...

Doh. Blueberry tart & cream .... drooooool.

Cy said...

How about you stitch it for me too? Haha. I know just how much you need hand stitching work right at this moment.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Love what you did with the drizzle stitch. Very clever varying the lengths to give it a dome shape. As I've come to expect, your stitching is all fabulous. I especially like the little pearl and blue snowflake sort of shape.

Debra Spincic said...

Coming right up! I've actually been hand embroidering all day-nice change from the machine work.

Cy said...

Thank you Connie, I seem to be going AROUND the bend a lot this week, lol. The 'dome' was planned (for a change) in my head before I started any stitching. I'm happy that my experiment turned out ok. It's very textural.

Barbara C said...

Varying the length of your drizzles creates a nice textured effect. I love your mandala with the blue button, which looks to me like an eye. Very cool!

cq4fun said...

The buttons ones look like eyes. =) I love the pearl beaded stars. The drizzle is definitely different, and I would never have thought of something like a scissors fob. I'm so tunnel vision!

Peacock said...

I love the domed effect you achieved with your drizzle stitch! and your button mandalas are just breathtaking!