September 16, 2012

Cy - CQJP update


I think I am finally getting back to some sort of normality here. 
It has definitely been a busy couple of months for me what with work on the farm and the Art Festival work.. 
My projects for the Arts Festival made the deadline

I have caught up with the TAST stitches, but I have not yet completed my August CQJP, but progress on that block is coming along nicely. Just a few more beads to add, and one more seam needs embellishing.
So the end is in sight. Hopefully will have it finished by next weekend.

So here are the photos of my TAST catch-up stitches. All these are on the August CQJP block.

This one is Pistil Stitch around a Shisha mirror.

Pistil Stitch to couch a ribbon embellishment.


And here is the Sheaf Stitch.


The following pics are varying seam treatments on the August CQJP.










I'm looking forward to another stitching busy week ahead.


Happy Stitching

17 comments:

Suztats said...

Love your rock pool, Cy! It's fabuloso!
Nice stitching here, too, and I like your pistil stitch around the shisha. Hey, great minds think alike with the couching. ;-) Your August block is looking great!

Debra Spincic said...

Your seam treatments are always bold and dramatic. I like that about your work!

desertskyquilts said...

Welcome back! My favorite seam is the one with the purple French Knots. That appeals to me so much!

ladyhawthorne said...

All your stitches are great. The pistil stitch is perfect on that shisha, and with the colors you chose reminds me of a peacock feather eye!

Judy S. said...

Wow, Cy, your rock pool is amazing! Just recently I saw some free-form knitting, and I guess this must be similar? No rules? Love your CQJP with all of its wonderful embellishments and especially the butterfly!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Fantastic stitching Cy! You always have the 'wow' factor going on.

Cy said...

Thanks Suz, yes pistil stitch was great for couching ribbon down.

Cy said...

Thanks Debra, I think it helps that I've given myself permission to use sharp colour contrasts within a certain colour scheme for this wall hanging quilt.

Cy said...

Thank you and sorry I was missing last week. Lightning storms all weekend, then my computer died, but that gave me time to catch up a bit with stitching, lol. Glad I got my computer back in time for this weekends photo session upload.

Cy said...

Oh yes, I can see the peacock feather now too. I hadn't thought of that, lol.

Cy said...

Thanks Judy, glad you like my butterfly. I enjoy creating those.
Yes, the 'no-rules' applies to free form crochet and free form stitching too.

Cy said...

Many thanks Connie. I try to make every stitch have a voice....... wow .....I like that saying. I shall have to use it as my catch phrase or logo or bio statement. Thank you for enticing that profound statement from my lips.

Debra Spincic said...

I forgot to say earlier that your butterfly this month is really wonderful.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

You never disappoint, so much eye candy, how can I choose, but let's see pistil/shisha, pistil/couching, silk flowers, tatting and, of course, your wonderful butterfly - roll on 2013 and then we all get to have a go.

Mary-Frances Main said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the blue and the pistil! Adore the butterfly - is it padded? It looks so poofy (a technical term of course!)

Barbara C said...

The pistil stitch around the shisha looks great. Lots of nice details.

Peacock said...

you do such beautiful work! The use of sheaf stitch in two directions is particularly clever.