September 2, 2012

Angela~ Sheaf Stitch

I worked the top half of my design in the regular manner and played with an alternate for the bottom half.


I like both versions.  Instead of just doing satin stitch for 'Pepsi' I utilized the holes in the aida cloth to space the lines out giving it a completely different look.

Pepsi-Cola was invented by Caleb Bradham on August 28, 1898 as a digestive aid.  It had pepsin in it.  Years later when he sold the company the recipe was changed to just be a soda fountain drink.  Wish they still made the original recipe, there are time I could really use it!

There's a bit more about it on my blog in case you are interested.

10 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I guess you can't feature Coke without also featuring Pepsi. Clever idea for the sheaf stitch, Angela!

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Well I've just had a Coke, but mine came out of a can. Love both your variations of "sheaf" and very clever to utilise the aida holes, it makes the Pepsi logo look shadowed.

Peacock said...

Another beautiful composition, beautifully stitched.
The blog link didn't work for some reason. Here's the addy:
http://canterburycottageherbals.blogspot.com/2012/09/pepsi-started-out-as-medicine.html
Thanks for the extra info on your blog! I like the oldest logo best, but it would be a real challenge to stitch!

ladyhawthorne said...

Had to do Pepsi because it was what my Nana always had in her fridge and an uncle worked for Pepsi at one time in Detroit.

ladyhawthorne said...

Not sure why the link didn't work, must be the copy/paste negates the link working.

Cy said...

Your design skills and creativity are great again Angela. That's an awesome Pepsi font (lol). Some graphic designer is going to nab that one for sure.
Love both the sheaf stitch variations too. Nice work this week.

ladyhawthorne said...

fixed the link, it works now.

Barbara C said...

Great rendition of the Pepsi logo, and beautiful stitching as usual.

Mary-Frances Main said...

I just adore this - you do such fun designs!

Judy S. said...

Fun info and very creative! Great stitching also.