September 23, 2012

Angela~ Drizzle Boy


Drizzle is such a fun stitch and I can see it used in lots of embroidery projects where you want texture.  However, I could not make it work with any historical events for the day so this is what I came up with.
Here's a close up where you can see I tried 3 different threads for this little guy's hair.
I started with the thin pearl cotton on the left, decided it was way too small to make an impact and switched to the largest pearl cotton I had.  It was not going to be enough to complete the hair so I filled in with a medium sized pearl cotton in a slightly lighter color.  His head is stem stitch.

13 comments:

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

He looks a very cheeky chappie. We've been treated to a lot of "whatever" moments this weekend.

Cy said...

Lol, a very 'Dennis the menace' cartoon look to this boy.
Well done Angela. Can I just mention that I think you have the neatest stem stitch technique. Not that easy to achieve on the Aida background fabric.

Suztats said...

Very nice hair day, Angela!! The drizzle is perfect for this.

Debra Spincic said...

Who'da thought it? Great idea for hair!

Judy S. said...

Nice hair! While Sue was out doing her thing (exercising!) was your guy playing with the light sockets? I think we've been doing too much stitching or something.......

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Adorable Angela!

ladyhawthorne said...

You're not looking close enough...lol.

ladyhawthorne said...

Another blogger commented on my log post that it would be perfect for a horse's mane too.

ladyhawthorne said...

It's possible!

CarolynnS said...

Oh gosh! I hadn't seen your guy when I posted! Two of us thought of hair! It seems to work, doesn't it?

Barbara C said...

Very clever stitching. I love the hairdo on this little guy.

cq4fun said...

Great haircut! Zebra stripes would be good, too. You've been very clever with this stitch.

Peacock said...

Is it possible that some factoid about the "perm" (permanent wave) could be your history note?

great work.