August 18, 2012

Suz-TAST, CQJP, and WIPs

The Pekinese Stitch was lots of fun to do, and I plan to use this stitch again.
You can read more about this here on my Suztats blog and see my WIPs there, too.














September CQJP
that's all so far






My daughter and her family arrive Monday, so I'll be quite busy here and there over the next 2 months meeting my son-in-law and granddaughter, and visiting with them and our daughter. I'll try to keep up with my TAST and CQJP but I don't know when I'll be able to post or comment, so do have a wonderful stitchy time while I'm enjoying my family.
Take care everyone.
Hugs from Suz

10 comments:

Judy S. said...

I like the way you did this...kind of resembles crochet. Enjoy your family. Where are they coming from?

ladyhawthorne said...

Great cast on stitches and a pretty variegated thread. Good start to your block too.

Suztats said...

It makes a nice, lacy treatment. Hmm, I wonder if I'd have enough to do that full piece......
My daughter, her hubby and baby Jewel, who is now 10 months old, live in Australia. They travelled to California, then Toronto to visit with family and friends. I just got a call, and they won't be arriving until Wednesday. Gives me more time to finish baby-proofing, cleaning, and finishing WIP's.

Suztats said...

Thanks Lady H! I love the wildflowers threads!

Debra Spincic said...

I see that you left your loops more open than I did--very nice effect. I'll be trying that on the next ones I do.

We'll miss you so bop in when you can.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Very pretty seam treatment, Suz, and stitched in a wonderful thread. Hope you have a really great time with your daughter and baby Jewel, and feel sure she will live up to her name.

desertskyquilts said...

Each person's stitch seems so different! Very pretty treatment with your version. Enjoy your family!

Peacock said...

I agree with Debra-- nice look with the open loops! I love the use of the hand-dyed thread for it, too.
Have fun with your family!

Cy said...

Love your Pekinese stitch in the first photo Suz.
OMG you're onto September...jeeesh! I'm getting left behind, lol.
I know you are going to have such a great time enjoying the company of Jewel and her mum and dad.

Barbara C said...

Very nice interpretation of the stitch. The choice of materials and technique gives so many different effects. Enjoy visiting with your family.