August 11, 2012

Suz - TAST and WIP's


 I've been working on some Christmas stockings for a swap at StitchMAP and thought it would be a nice surface for TAST this week.


I used a cream silky, gimp-like thick thread with a strand of DMC silver thread to create some flowers and leaves.
french knots for the flower centers
cream on cream is hard to photograph, so I had to magnify these quite a bit....
here's how the stocking looks so far


the theme is silver
though some of the fabrics look quite gold in the pic, they are more of a cream colour.......


I'll show more later as I make progress on my swap stockings

Hope you're having a wonderful stitchy week!

Hugs from Suz


13 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

It looks like you took the long curve too (like Judy). I'm going to try that also.

Lovely with the flowers meandering across the stocking.

desertskyquilts said...

I really like the way that looks! It makes a great flower, spread sort of the way a bullion flower is done? Perfect for the theme and colors of the stocking.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Your flowers and leaves look so right for the fabrics, all light and frothy. Great stitching.

Suztats said...

Yes, I did. 15 cast-ons per petal. I like that look, and it's actually the second half of the needle tatting stitch, so I'm used to the motion.

Suztats said...

Yes, that's right. Just like a bullion but cast on instead of wrapped.

Suztats said...

Thank you, Carol. I was hoping for a subtle effect, but frothy is a bonus!

ladyhawthorne said...

Your flowers are gorgeous, the thread you used is perfect. This will definitely be a great stocking!

Judy S. said...

Very pretty and very Christmasy! I love the colors.

Peacock said...

I love the depth of texture your cast-on stitches give to your project. :)

Cy said...

Lovely stocking. Lovely swirly cast-on stitches too. It's a good stitch for building texture into a project.

Suztats said...

Thanks, Ladies, for your comments! I love feedback!

Barbara C said...

Very elegant flowers. I like the effect of your thread combination.

Suztats said...

Thanks Barbara. The cream thread is one I found in a bundle from the second hand store, so I don't know what it's called. It does define the stitches very well, so I had to use it on this stocking, and silver thread was, of course, a necessary addition. ;)