August 4, 2012

Judy ~ Algerian Eye TAST July Reveal

Can you spy Sue's Algerian Eye? Hint: there are three, but none have the "hole" because I didn't want to pull the threads tight. I hope you aren't as tired of seeing Sue as I am of stitching on her! Luckily there's the new stitch each week, and believe it or not, the next block shows both of her arms! (The bird is my rather lame attempt to make a goldfinch, our state bird. I've seen more of them in other states than here though.) Sue wanted blue suede shoes; these aren't close to suede, but they are blue. Hmmm, better stop before you think I am nuts.  Happy stitching!

 

All of your good wishes paid off! Madeline Taylor Eliason arrived safely last night, the first, and weighed 5 pounds, 6 ounces which is pretty good since she was about 6 weeks early. Mom and baby are doing well...and my sis and I are very relieved.

12 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I found them! I just love the little bees too.

Debra Spincic said...

Now that was clever stitching! Ha!

Good news about mom and baby!

Suztats said...

Such good news!
I found your eyes, too. Nice use of the stitch!

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Took a little looking, but found them! Your little bird is very cute and feel sure Sue's showing off in her new suede shoes. There is a sense of satisfaction to put our monthly blocks to bed.

Barbara C said...

Your tulips are clever, but I love those black eyed Susans.

Judy S. said...

Thanks! The bees were inspired by A to Z of Bullion Stitch. I sure would love to get the embroidery book of that series. Does anyone have it already?

Judy S. said...

Thanks! I thought about trying the Oyster stitch but decided that the petals were too big, tried something else and ripped, and settled for a straight stitch and lots of french knots.

Debra Spincic said...

I have that A-Z embroidery book and use it fairly often.

Cy said...

This is an adorable block Judy. Your goldfinch is rather good and a lovely addition. Nice A-eye's too, yes I found them.
Lovely to hear that baby arrived safely and that mother and babe are doing well.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Judy, I have the book too. There's a lovely little bullion pram which reminded me to say many congratulations to your family on the birth of baby Madeline.

Judy S. said...

Hmmm...think I may have to spring for it. I really like the Bullion one, that's for sure.

Peacock said...

Judy, I love the goldfinch!! I love your daisies! The bumblebees are sweet! Great block. :)