August 12, 2012

Deborah - TAST Algerian Eye & Cast On

Another busy week behind me; camera is still not functional, so these shots are from my phone. 

My cast on stitch -

 I think this qualifies as the Algerian eye. Not a stitch that really spoke to me. I will have to think more about this one.

Today was absolutely lovely, about 68 degrees this morning which was a welcome change. Nice breeze & low(er) humidity. It got warmer but not so much that we couldn't turn off the a/c and open windows.  Today I had my family over for lunch: my brothers, sister in law, and two cousins - sisters who are 78 and 86. We had a great lunch, and a wonderful visit looking at old photos, in a lot of instances nobody could remember who the person was. My kids loved it. Getting old photos organized is the hardest thing.

I have done a lot of stitching this week, enhancing the blocks I have "finished" (are they really ever?) with embellishments, and filling in some blank spaces. When I'm satisfied, I'll post a photo of all the blocks together - again. ;-)

Still mulling over that final, center block.



9 comments:

Suztats said...

Your cast on seam treatment looks like a row of smiles! :D

Debra Spincic said...

That's an impressive length of cast on stitches there!

ladyhawthorne said...

Nice row of cast on stitches, like a little fence for that row of flowers above it. I like the Algerian star flowers you made, very pretty.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Cast ons look great under your chevron band and I like the knots on the pale fabric - are they colonial ones?

Cy said...

Lovely cast on stitches Deborah, and that is lovely thread with a very subtle colour variegation. And I like Suz's thought that they look like a row of smiles, haha.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I love the variegated thread. I hardly use anything but the perle cotton any more. Carol: nope, just ordinary French knots. Amazing that my $100 phone takes better photos than the $400 camera (not my "good" camera, i.e., "the Precious" but the older camera, the "semi-precious.")

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Really clear photos and, of course, your band isn't chevrons, sorry!

Peacock said...

Very nice. I love how it all pulls together.

Barbara C said...

I love your Algerian stitch flower. The button looks vintage.