August 22, 2012

Deborah - Pekinese Stitch

Again - taken with my phone; not the best photo.

Once I did this stitch, I loved it. I love the texture, how it adapts to curves; it's visually interesting. I used perle cotton for the back stitch. The other piece is a purple/pink/silver novelty thread. The middle line of stem stitch was on the original linen; I added one row above and below it and filled in with Pekinese.

I've posted a few enhanced details on my blog. Not posting much over there due to camera issues. :-(

6 comments:

Cy said...

Great creativeness for your Pekinese stitch Deborah. I really like this multi-layer design element. Love the block so far.

ladyhawthorne said...

Absolutely lovely! I really like the thread you used.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

What a lovely way to use this stitch .

Peacock said...

What a wonderful enhancement to the existing embroidery! Great thread choices.

Suztats said...

I love this! Very nice. The threads add a lot of punch.

Barbara C said...

The rose and the Pekinese stitch frame create a nice art deco effect.