August 12, 2012

Cy - TAST Cast-On & CQJP


I must have had a premonition about this stitch because I actually looked up how to do it on Monday and started practicing it even before Sharon announced it as the TAST stitch for this week.
Sometimes I just amaze myself, lol.........

Cast-On Stitch - freeform style.
I like this stitch.

And a little cluster of Cast-On's


And I have also stitched some more Algerian Eye which was last weeks featured stitch.




CQJP August - The Naked Block

I also managed to get my naked block for August stitched together.
I actually like the large scroll fabric wedge towards the bottom, and I am half way through stitching a very nice crochet piece for that long seam.
While I was crocheting I was thinking how lovely it would be to create a whole Crazy Quilt with only crochet trims and doily's that I make myself (I love to crochet). That sounds like a BIG project. I wonder if I should start planning it for next year's main project. Crocheting small trims etc. is an excellent project that can be done while touring with the caravan (which is planned for late next year too).


So that was my happy week of stitching.
Hope you had a great week too.

Happy Stitching



21 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Don't hold my feet to the fire but I might be willing to work a small crocheted piece with you next year. I would like to try some scrumbling & am waiting for the trims to come too. I have many, many doilies I would like to use up (and move on from that idea) so they could be involved somehow.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Impressed with your free form cast on stitch and Algerian Eyes. Would love to have a go at crocheted trims next year. Trying to concentrate on sending a message and watching the closing ceremony of the Olympic Games.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Scrumbling??

ladyhawthorne said...

Pretty curly cast ons. Nice work as usual!

Suztats said...

Is that free-form crocheting?

Suztats said...

Cute cast-ons! Nice block for August, too.
I'd like to learn crocheting....sort of have an idea, and did a tiny bit under a friend's eye, but.......don't know it yet.

Debra Spincic said...

Yes! (Cy is very good from the looks of one of her other blogs.)

Debra Spincic said...

You would be a natural with your tatting background. Don't quote me but I think they are cousins.

Judy S. said...

Nice cast ons! I love your August block!

Cy said...

Thanks Debra, yes I love scrumbling, and have a blog totally dedicated to freeform crochet scrumble tutorials

http://scrumble-along.blogspot.co.nz/

It is a yet another of my passions.

Cy said...

Thanks Carol ;)

Cy said...

I quite often get my Mords Wuddled up when talking, but this was the first time I've mixed up words while reading. I read your comment as Cretty Purly and had to go back and re-read it haha. I must be getting senile.
Thanks for the nice message btw Angela ;)

Cy said...

Thanks Suz. I'd love to learn to tat, but I just haven't got around to it yet.

Cy said...

Many thanks Judy :)

Suztats said...

Well, Cy, knowing the cast on stitch means you've learned 1/2 of the tatting ds (double stitch) and the ds is the only stitch in tatting, believe it or not (and variations of it). So, you're already half-way there!

Debra Spincic said...

Really? Then I am ready to go too!

Suztats said...

Yep, you just have to learn the 1st half of the ds (ez) and get a tatting needle and some thread and I can walk you through it anytime!

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

This could just be what I'm looking for - some hand "sewing" to take with me to my sewing group's evening meeting.

Debra Spincic said...

Because clearly you don't have enough to do already! (hee hee)

I am just hoping that when Dec 31st rolls around, I can hit the freeform button in my head and in 2013 my style will be less structured. I am using this year to learn the stitches and next year to move to the next level, she said optimistically.

Peacock said...

I love the texture you achieved with your cast on stitches. :) Your Algerian eyes are fun, too. and I think a CQ entirely embellished with your crochet work would be pretty stunning!

Barbara C said...

Your Algerian stitches look very substantial in that thread, almost like star fish. Great choice.