August 5, 2012

Cy - Reveal of My July Block


Crazy Quilt Journal Project - My July Block






A Mandala Motif .
Detached Chains with a French Knot to anchor it. Pistil Stitch (purple).





Tubular petals for this half flower.





Love this simple seam.
The blue is Buttonhole bars and then added the white beads.




A very small amount of Algerian Eye stitch for TAST this week, and I shall have to play some more with it on my August block as I haven't really done it justice this week, but I still like this little 'starburst' shown here.



Well, that was quite a lot of work for the month.
Seven blocks down.....five to go.
Slowly getting there.

There are lots more photos of this block over on my blog 


Happy Stitching

15 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Always a thrill looking at your work! Love the green butterfly this month. The blue beaded ribbon flowers are really special. Wonderful!

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Your block is stunningly beautiful, so many wonderful elements and a lovely green butterfly.

ladyhawthorne said...

Stunning is definitely the word!

Judy S. said...

Your block is a real feast for the eyes, Cy! Love the butterfly and everything else. Looks like you had fun stitching this one. It sure is pretty!

Suztats said...

I love this block!! I like that the butterfly is in green so it stands out as different from all the other elements. (and I love green) Having your gorgeous mandala on the black and white swirly fabric makes it look as though it's spinning! Love it.

Isabelle said...

I love your blog. the colours you have choiced are gorgeous !

Cy said...

Cheers Debra :)

Cy said...

Thank you Carol ;)

Cy said...

Lol, thanks Angela :)

Cy said...

Thanks Judy. Yes definitely fun!

Cy said...

Thank you Suz :)

Cy said...

Thank you Isabelle, glad you enjoyed my block :)

CarolynnS said...

Oh. My. Gosh.
I was going to say "Stunningly beautiful," and then read the comments and saw that everyone else responded in the same way.
Oh My Gosh--Stunningly beautiful. Can't say anything else!!!

CarolynnS said...

Oh. My. Gosh.
I was going to say "Stunningly beautiful," and then read the comments and saw that everyone else responded in the same way.
Oh My Gosh--Stunningly beautiful. Can't say anything else!!!

Barbara C said...

Very dramatic work! Lots of high impact stitching in this block.