August 6, 2012

Carolynn--Oyster stitch and catching up

Hello All-- I've been traveling again, this time cruising in the Inside Passage on the east side of Vancouver Island with friends who have a lovely 57' wooden Chris Craft. I stitched while we were gone, but internet was spotty, so I'm a little behind. Wonderful this morning looking at all the lovely work that's been posted!

I have a new project: a baby gift for my niece.  Her mom made a baby quilt and then sent me the left-over fabric, so I'm doing a small wall-hanging. Not quite finished, but close!

The baby is Matilda Lucy; her name will go in the large pink strip below her picture.


Oyster stitch with some beading (and a little Basque):


Bonnet stitch:


Wheatear  (I like this one!)


My plan is to add some green rick-rack around the outside edges to cover the stitching of the heart to the ruffle.  The name will go in alphabet beads.

This has to be done by Friday morning, so I need to get busy today!!!

7 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Now this is a great keepsake!! Lovely!

Cy said...

Oh so lovely. A fabulous heirloom piece. I'm sure Matilda Lucy will adore this as she grows up. And to have a matching quilt too, what fun.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

How lovely to have a matching wallhanging, especially as it includes a photo of baby Matilda. Great catch-up, I really like your red sqiggles, it looks like doodling, which seems to be "in" at the moment.

Judy S. said...

I'll bet your niece will love this! Great idea and a perfect complement to the quilt. Love that photo!

Barbara C said...

What a lovely project: a wonderful piece that she'll cherish. Your stitches are a the perfect frame for Matilda's picture.

Suztats said...

Ooh! Lovely, lovely! Definitely an heirloom for the new baby!

Peacock said...

I'm a little confused-- is the baby your niece or is the baby's mom your niece? Either way, I am confident that this is going to be a much cherished gift! What a beautiful baby picture! Did you print it on fabric? what products/ techniques did you use?