August 13, 2012

Carolynn--Cast on stitch

Summer has arrived at last in the Pacific Northwest! It is so beautiful--clear, sunny, high 80's!  I am out at our family's time share condo on Hood Canal; here is a picture out our front window:



Nothing beats summer in the Northwest!

However, I'm still working away on my baby gift; we travel to Denver at the end of the week, and it needs to be finished by then.

Here is the project so far:


I added a snippet of cast on stitch--for flower petals, as several others have done; this stitch works well for petals. Small green bead in the middle of each with a butterfly button:


I also added a button cluster on top of a piece of lace trim, as well as the rick-rack trim to cover the outside seam:


As the embellishing gets closer to being finished, I'm liking the project more than I did at the begining!

8 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I certainly like it!

Not too shabby of a view either!

ladyhawthorne said...

Awww, that is so sweet!

Judy S. said...

This looks great! Love the heart button cluster and the added ruffle. This will be a well-cherished gift. You are so right about summer here, and each sunny day is a treat, isn't it?

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

The zingy green has lightened the red fabric and the basque stitch really frames baby Matilda photograph. Lovely keepsake.

Suztats said...

This will be treasured. It's so cute! Nice stitching.

Peacock said...

So cute! great cast-on flowers, and I like the butterfly button!

Cy said...

Lovely cast on stitches Carolynn, looks like the butterfly is about to land on them.
Enjoy the sun, and happy travellings later in the week.

Barbara C said...

Very pretty work! The colors are so cheerful and the stitching is very nice.