August 27, 2012

Carolynn--baby project finished!

I finished the baby gift for my niece just in time! Finished Wed. night, we flew out to Denver on Thurs!

I wouldn't have picked these colors or fabrics; given that, I'm pleased with how the project turned out. I used palestrina stitch and cast-on stitch toward the end, as we learned those stitches, and I like the results.

The finished project is a wall hanging, approximately 15"x15"


Some detail shots:







I took these pictures with my phone; perhaps I should learn to download pictures from my actual camera instead!

I also did a little practice with the Pekingese stitch on another project:


I like this one, but after seeing some other people's postings, I think I need to play with it a little more!

8 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Really a family keepsake! Nothing like stitching to the last minute. Very nice!

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

You should be enjoying a great sense of satisfaction having completed your gift on time. It's not always easy working with fabrics and colours not of our choosing. Now onto your next project.

cq4fun said...

What a beautiful baby, and baby gift. I love the heart shape and all of the stitching. Definitely an heirloom treasure. Your pekinese stitch looks good! Great color combination.

Judy S. said...

Congrats on a nice and also timely finish! I love the way you fastened down the rick rack. Lots of pretty stitching too. This will be treasured for sure.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Simply beautiful! I'm sure they will treasure such a personal gift. I need a baby fix. It seems so long ago my granddaughters were this tiny.

Suztats said...

Oh, this is lovely! And what a treasure. Finished just in time, too. Well done.

Peacock said...

Congratulations on finishing in the nick of time! and on doing so well with a color palette you wouldn't have chosen! That alone could drive me nuts.
Your closeup pics are wonderful. :) Great stitches and stitch combos.
I especially love the effect you got with your Palestrina! So pretty!!

Cy said...

I actually like the colours on this, and that lime green ric-rac really gives the finishing touch to it.
Your Pekinese Christmas piece is beautiful Carolynn. Has a great Christmassy swag decoration look to it. I hope you will show us the whole piece!