August 19, 2012

Barbara's August CQJP/ TAST


I've made some progress on my August block, though it's so cloudy here it's hard to get a decent picture.  Across the top I stitched a vine and added beaded cast on stitch flowers.  



I used Pekinese stitch to edge a patch with an embroidered seagull.  I've got to go back and finish picking out the stitch and tear medium behind the seagull



The August block gets a boost from a large piece of black work embroidery Debra machine embroidered.  So far, so good.

7 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Nice to see you are able to use that blackwork! I especially like your vine.

Peacock said...

The blackwork is very striking.
I love the vine! and I love the little bunny button under the vine! :)
I like the way the vine overlaps the bird-with-nest applique. The seagull is very well stitched. Is he heading to the next block over? I can't remember where this block fits in the project as a whole!

ladyhawthorne said...

Love the blackwork, yours was the easy way! LOL. Nice floral vine with the cute bunny button and the green buttons dress up the pekinese well too.

Cy said...

Love that central bird fabric, and your happy seagull. The Pekinese stitch looks great with the addition of buttons.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Great how your vine complements the centre fabric as does the black work , impressive pekinese.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Really pretty; I love vines & flowers.

Judy S. said...

Love how the vine works so well with the chickadee and cone flower fabric. The two color Pekinese stitch is nice too. Cute buttons!