August 5, 2012

Angela~Algerian Eye Stitch Stars


click to enlarge
Since most of my journal pages are aida cloth it worked great for this week, especially as I found the cross stitch chart for free online.  Gryffindor colors are scarlet and gold so I used 2 strands dark scarlet floss for the cross stitch of 'Harry Potter', and the lettering.  A golden yellow thin pearl cotton was used for the 
Algerian eyes.  
I found it interesting that JK Rowling gave Harry her own birthday, albeit a different year.  Maybe he is her alter ego?  But who doesn't love Harry Potter?  I think the Algerian eye stitch stars make this page look rather magical!

9 comments:

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Love Harry Potter and using Gryffindor colours is clever and, yes, your Algerian stars make this another magical page.

Judy S. said...

Another piece of interesting information! And a clever bit of stitching! A perfect use of the Algerian Eye, too. I like how you varied the sizes; they look like they were sprinkled from a bag of stardust!

Debra Spincic said...

Definitely a favorite application of the stitch. I've never read the Harry Potter books--seems I am lagging behind (considerably).

Cy said...

Oh Angela, yet another great use of the weekly stitch. So apt.
I was amazed to see that Harry's birthday is JK's birthday too. What an interesting thing for an author to do.

ladyhawthorne said...

Actually I've never read the books, only seen the movies. One day I will make time to read them as I am told there is a lot more in the books they couldn't fit in the movies.

Cy said...

I'm one of those people who HAS to read the book BEFORE seeing the movie so that I have my own idea and imaginings on how things are before being influenced by someone else's view of it. The downside of this is that I am usually disappointed in the movie and how someone else has interpreted the story, but I'm happier doing it that way. Yes there is a lot more story in the books.

Suztats said...

The Algerian Eye works perfectly as sparkly stars. Magical, yes. Love the HP films, so a nice topic for your TAST.

Barbara C said...

This is another great piece with wonderful sparkle. How interesting about the twin birthdays.

Peacock said...

Wonderful use of Algerian Eye. :) The HP books are pretty wonderful, I have to admit. They did a decent job, too, with the films. That's always difficult to do!