August 26, 2012

Angela~ Double Link Chain Volcano

The TAST stitch this week was the very easy linked double chain stitch.
I used 2 strands of cotton floss in various colors for the entire journal page and it came out pretty well.

My history subject involves a state I have never been to but would like to visit one day.  August 21, 1959 is the day Hawaii became our 50th state.  The history of the US takeover of Hawaii and her people is not a nice one.  Per usual, the US ran roughshod over the native people.  However, the state is gorgeous,  a real paradise, judging by photos.

9 comments:

Judy S. said...

Nice! I remember well when Hawaii became a state as it was the year I graduated from high school. Turns out we were married 6 years later to the day. (didn't know that till I read your post) Nice stitching. I love the way you use stitching to "deliver" interesting facts!

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Well, your offering needs no enhancement, it's just lovely as it is. Perhaps a stitch to be worked freeform rather than along a seam in a straight line. Great colours.

Debra Spincic said...

Your example gives me hope with this stitch! Great work there, Angela.

ladyhawthorne said...

Happy Anniversary!

Peacock said...

Great use of the DLC for lava! I just love your stitched history lessons! :)

cq4fun said...

That's what conquerers do. The stitch was perfect for the volcano. I love how you pick such a huge variety of topics for these pieces!

Cy said...

Happy Anniversary Judy and Hubby <3

Cy said...

Love your LDC stitched volcano Angela. And lucky you didn't have too much text to stitch for this one, lol.

ladyhawthorne said...

I really don't mind doing the text. As long as I'm not watching something intense on netflix and don't mess up the spelling!