July 1, 2012

Suz-June CQJP







 I finally finished my June CQJP........only a day late. We had some power outtages and connection problems due to storms, so I had to wait before posting this. The Before:




a stitched star, a metal star, and a sparkly star sticky 
silver snowflake trim 
a bead trail on lace 
and a silver seam treatment......playing with the cable chain stitch, I came up with a figure 8 cable chain........




maybe it's clearer here
and The After:
 my finished June CQJP!


















Here comes July!












Hugs from S







12 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

The beads on your lace look like little bits of ice! Sweet.

Judy S. said...

I agree. The beads look like icicles. Love the snowflakes, charms and stitche, too, and the Noel piece. Nicely done, and it fits right in with the Christmas in July theme.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Nice figure 8s and the silver stitching goes well on this block. I really like the snowflakes on the white fabric too, especially the stitched one.

ladyhawthorne said...

All that sparkly snowflake and icy goodness cooled me right down! Nice work.

Barbara C said...

Nice embellishments. The silver stitching is really nice.

Suztats said...

I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it. neat!

Suztats said...

Funny how that worked out.....lol

Suztats said...

Thanks everyone! Have a good week!

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Suz, you've captured the magic of the Christmas season so well. Love your beaded icicles and the pretty snowflakes and, of course, your button cluster.

Cy said...

That is definitely one happily decorated block.
Merry Christmas everyone...brrrrr... it's so cold here I had to put some socks on, lol.

cq4fun said...

That is a great looking block. I love the Noel lace, but I think my favorite thing is your bead trail along lace.

Peacock said...

How did you get your sparkly star sticky to stay put? Is it a good adhesive, or did you add your own glue or are there stitches that I can't see? I like the collection of snowflakes, and I agree with the beads looking like bits of ice. :)