July 22, 2012

Cy - TAST Basque & CQ block


My journey this week took me down memory lane as I used the thread that I had re-found.

...the story starts HERE on my blog

And I turned it from this.............

to this..............

Personally, I think it is beautiful, but I am probably a bit biased about it.
It's like planting a twig that grows into a beautiful tree.
It is such soft thread that I might use it for a special crochet piece later. 

Anyway, that was my TAST Week 29 - Basque Stitch on my stitch journal.
And here it is on my CQJP block for July.

Six strands of cotton floss in pale aqua, and reversed in lilac silk embroidery ribbon.
Not sure if the long and short twisted chain part worked to create a wavy line. I may have ruined it with the beads. I might frog the beads as it was better before I added them.

I also made a crochet trim for this CQ block. It is meant to have a ribbon or cord woven along it, but I haven't done that part yet as I'm undecided what to use, so this is a WIP.


And I've been doodling in the midnight hours again.
A Mandala Clock.



I've had a request from the IFFCG to make two more books for "The Missing Years" of the Freeform Crochet Challenge's that never had books published. Years 2006 & 2007..
I will be starting them in September as I have my current "big project" deadline for the end of August, and that is taking a lot of my time at the moment.


Not a lot of Spring cleaning got done after all this week, lol.
Ah well, back to stitching.


Happy Stitching

12 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Your fern is delightful! I will be remembering this idea, for sure.

Sounds like you have too much to do to waste time cleaning.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Special thread for a special fern, it's so very graceful and looks perfect on your dyed fabric. It's comforting to know I'm not alone in the midnight hours. A mandala clock, how clever is that?

Cy said...

Our fields are like a quagmire at the moment, and the dogs are bringing in far too much of the wet stuff, it's all I can do to keep up with their dirt at the moment. Housework can wait....I've a quilt to make.

Cy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cy said...

Thanks Carol, I can get very creative in the middle of the night when there's no one around to disturb me, lol.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Your thread does look really soft. It's really attractive on this fern. I wish I would have found something that nice when I was cleaning. Love that crochet piece. I also rather like the wavy beaded addition, but sometimes seeing it in person is different from seeing a photo.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

By the way, your son sounds like a good guy who knows how to choose a perfect gift ~ lol.

ladyhawthorne said...

Beautiful thread and beautiful stitching as always!

Barbara C said...

Beautiful thread, and it looks just gorgeous stitched.

Suztats said...

I love that thread! Wonderful colours, and I really like your fern-- it's so graceful and curved just so.....I like how it's placed on the fabric and how it seems to gradually disappear into the fabric colours.
Your crocheted trim looks rich and ruffly. Nice!

cq4fun said...

Congratulations on the book thing - you are one busy person! Love that thread color and what you did with it. I like the curvy line with the beads, but I don't know what it looked like before you added the beads. The Mandala Clock is so interesting. You could make up cards with designs like that, and I'd buy a set. =)

Peacock said...

Cy, your beautiful handdyed thread makes a beautiful basque fern! and I just love your mandala clock!