July 1, 2012

Cy - Reveal - TAST & June CQJP block


TAST Week 26

The green and blue spirals that follow the blue bead line in the middle of this mandala are Palestrina Stitch with a very short "arm" so that the knot is the prominent part.
The pale turquoise outer ring is Whipped Spider Wheel, with straight stitching and V's in dark blue.

And as a seam treatment on my crazy quilt.
The top wavy line is with alternating "arms", and the other three lines are evenly stitched and overlapping each other.

And this Palestrina Stitch experiment could be 'mistaken' for a tree 
(one for you Connie, lol).



CQJP June

I just about managed to get the June block finished in June.

I added Fly Stitch to the seam that I started last week.

Lots of lovely texture

And the butterfly of course.

There are some close-up photos on my blog

So that is block number six finished. Half way there. Wahoo!!


Also.............
I have an announcement to make about the completion of a major, and somewhat secret, project that I have been undertaking over the last couple of months.
But you will have to wait until I blog about it tomorrow because I am too tired to think straight right now (aren't I a tease, lol).

Your comments and feedback are most welcome.

Happy Stitching

17 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Well, here is another piece of gorgeous eye candy! Sunday has been a treat all day long!

What plans do you have for that long striped line in the black fabric?

And a big project? Oh boy!!

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

So very lovely (feel sure I've said this before). Great mandala, which I thought at first was surrounded by individual Bullions. Another great Palestrina example, your block looks very wonderful and am waiting with baited breath for tomorrows offering.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

First off, yes, you are a tease! I'm curious by nature and you aren't helping. Second, that is a sweet little tree. I never thought of that one.

I also never thought of alternating the arms for the palestrina stitch. You are one smart cookie! The opening image, the spiral, is a show stopper. The variation of fiber weights and textures along with the beads is very effective and interesting. That black and white butterfly is a beauty. I also like the green seam treatment and of course your crochet. Super job!

ladyhawthorne said...

That mandala....Oh My!...ab so lute ly gor geous!!!! The whole block is just wonderful. I'll be checking in for that project tomorrow.

Judy S. said...

June sure was a short month, wasn't it, but you accomplished a lot with this beautiful block, Cy! I love the mandala, the butterfly, and especially the flower that reminds me of the pincushion flower (scabiosa). What fun! Can't wait until you unveil your secret project.

Cy said...

Haha! you picked up on my dilemma as to what to do with that black/blue/gold stripe fabric. My excuse is that I ran out of June time so I will leave it for embellishing at a later date, lol.

Suztats said...

Wonderful block! I love your mandala, Cy, and that's quite a cute tree. Beautiful stitching.
You know, it's not nice to tease!......lol

Cy said...

Thanks Carol. Now that suggestion of bullions surrounding the mandala may just pop up in another one, lol (thanks for that).
I love this group when ideas just seem to bounce out of nowhere.

Cy said...

Oh yes, you just reminded me I was going to show how I did that green seam Celtic braid thingy!
Glad you liked the tree.

Cy said...

Thank you Angela. I do love a mandala.

Debra Spincic said...

Busted!

I like those kinds of fabric because they are built-in rulers!

Debra Spincic said...

Maybe at our next catchup week . . .

Cy said...

Thanks Judy. I enjoyed all the different TAST stitches this month.

Cy said...

Hugs for you Suz. Thank you.
I'll nip over and blog about it now then, lol.

Cy said...

Ok folks, my announcement blog is up and live, and it's probably NOT what you were expecting.....muahahahaha

Barbara C said...

Beautiful mandala! What a clever use of the stitches. Your block is very dramatic.

Peacock said...

I love the close-up pics on your blog! The butterfly is amazing!! I love how you used a finer black thread over the white satin body to make his patterning. SO COOL! Your whole block is wonderful, and I love how you are putting stitches together to create complex motifs. The "tree" is great, too! :)