July 8, 2012

Carol - TAST, Bonnet Stitch

Well, Sarah is off to New Zealand to visit her Auntie Cy.  She knows this is the wrong time of year, but feels sure of a warm welcome and she will get to celebrate Christmas.
As the patch says: "New Zealand - Lakes, Mountains and Fiords"
July's colours are green and red and I may incorporate a little blue and yellow making it a square colour scheme

When I got the hang of it, I quite liked Bonnet Stitch and found the stitches were neater when one put a little tension on the thread after the first wrap.

10 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I am so jealous of Sarah, always wanted to travel the world and meet new cultures. Guess we can always do it virtually through your quilt! Another lovely start to a block.

Suztats said...

Oooh, I've always wanted to go to New Zealand! It's so beautiful there according to the pics I've seen. Your Bonnet stitch is very neat!

Debra Spincic said...

Whoa, Girl, where's the fuzzy yarn around the middle? *wink*

This is a great stitch for your patch--it has a gnarly look like the trees.

Judy S. said...

Well, that stitch worked nicely for you! Gosh, one never knows where Sarah's going to end up next. Looks like another fun block in the making!

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

What, no fuzzy yarn save me save me. I'll have to find a special place for a little fuzziness.

Debra Spincic said...

:-)!

Debra Spincic said...

That bright blue and yellow green of the patch look wonderful--hope you add some to your block.

Cy said...

Hello Sarah, lovely to have you visit here. My, what an exciting time we shall have this month.
Lovely Bonnet stitch frame there Carol. Reminds me of one of the Maori standard pattern designs that we see everywhere.
And is that a glimpse of a Pohutakawa flower I can see in the top left corner?

Peacock said...

So glad to hear that someone made friends with bonnet stitch! It looks great on your block, framing the pic of New Zealand.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Well spotted Cy - Pohutakawa flower (also known as the NZ Christmas Tree)