July 1, 2012
Barbara's Palestrina Stitch and Project Check-in
I'm starting my July CQJP block with two versions of the palestrina stitch, the short-armed version in blue, and the longer version in yellow. I'm considering the crocheted motif on the block, which I got in the treasure box some of the Tuesday Stitchers have been passing around. I also took the little pot button out of my stash as the basis for a vine or maybe a tree.
I felt brave cutting the embroidered rose from a vintage but stained doily.
The six blocks I've made so far are roughly positioned around the central St. Francis image. Again, I may re-print the central image onto another fabric, even though I like the blue flowers, because the image resolution isn't as sharp as I want it to be. In the next six blocks I have to integrate more left-facing birds so that they're not all looking in the same direction. I like the way the colors repeat across the blocks, and I'm going to try to maintain this balance. Six blocks down, six to go.