June 25, 2012

TAST: Week 26: Palestrina Stitch

The TAST Stitch for the Week of June 25 is the Palestrina Stitch.
For more information and examples, check here on Sharon B's blog.

Sarah's Hand Embroidery Tutorial is here.


Sample of hand embroidered Palestrina stitch



Photo is Courtesy of Pin Tangle.


Also, at this week's Reveal--

Since we are at the midpoint of the year and our stitching, this would be a good time to reevaluate your goals.  Give us a brief overview of what you've learned so far and where you plan your stitching to take you in the later part of the year.  Keep the tone positive and forward thinking. 



8 comments:

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

What a delightful looking stitch, haven't a clue where to put it on my block though!

Debra Spincic said...

I'm going to have to look at the directions carefully because I really don't remember how to stitch this one!

Cy said...

Ooh a nice one.
Just a mention about the instruction pics on Sharon's site.... she has the first few pics the wrong way round. They need a quarter turn clockwise to correspond with her written instructions.
As luck would have it I've got just the right spot for this stitch.

Suztats said...

I've never used this stitch before, so I'll have to get out my embroidery bible and other stitching books and do some reading!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Heading over to the tutorial for this one. I haven't a clue as to how it is done. Debra, where did you want us to add a 'brief overview'? I'm doing some major rearranging in my office/sewing room right now and our refrigerator compressor bonked so I have a home in chaos right now. I just had to check to see if my computer worked since I unhooked and then reattached everything. Yikes! I need a retreat!

Debra Spincic said...

On your June reveal posting next weekend.

Debra Spincic said...

Carol wrote that Mary Corbet has a good video.

Palestrina Video

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

To let you know Palestrina is my new best friend, Mary Corbett introduced us. She's easy to get to know and quite pretty. I feel sure we'll stay in touch.