June 25, 2012

Carolynn--Practice catch-up!

Saturday was Sew Day at Nancy's house. Our group spent the day stitching and chatting and looking at Nancy's beautiful, beautiful garden! She is one of the stops on the Gig Harbor Garden Tour next weekend, and her garden is truly an oasis!

The others spent the day on Jelly roll 1600 quilts, but I used it to catch up on all the TAST stitches I've avoided for the last month or so.

The results aren't pretty; I went from stitch to stitch, giving each a try.  Somehow I just couldn't get the hang of knotted cretan--look how many awkward tries! But at least I've tried each, and I've got a new block to start adding them to.



9 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

As practice goes, it looks like you did a fine job!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

I'm admiring your buttonhole wheel and cable chain done in variegated thread. The knotted cretan was a bit of a challenge for me too. You have a nice sampler of the various stitches.

ladyhawthorne said...

You know what they say, practice make perfect...or in my case 'almost'.
Looks good though!

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Great that you've managed to have a go at the stitches, it's not easy when you're playing catch-up. Looking forward to seeing some of them on your block. BTW what are Jelly Roll 1600 Quilts, I'm intrigued. Has your wall hanging been handed over and, if so, what was the response?

Cy said...

Looks like you got some great practice stitches there. The knotted cretan looks good done in a variety like that.
It's good to have that sampler as a stitch reminder for your blocks.

Judy S. said...

Great idea to label your practice stitches. I need to do that! Your half chevron variations are very nice! Good job with the catching up!

Barbara C said...

Lots of nice stitching. The knotted cretan was difficult for me too. I was able to find an alternative set of instructions that made more sense to my brain.

cq4fun said...

You did a lot of catching up! I'm sure these will look great on the block you're making. Sounds like a lovely day, too.

Peacock said...

Your sampler is fabulous! I love the bound edges-- that must make it so much easier to stitch on, and it looks lovely. It's really nice to see all the stitches in one place, and each one labeled. This gives me an idea that I'd like to pursue in a future project!