June 18, 2012

Carolynn--Finished!

My Family Wall Hanging is finished!!

The whole project is 29"x29".  Each block is about 11x11.  I say "about," because one of the lessons I learned on this project is to be much more precise about where my seam basting lines are placed!


To quilt, I stitched in the ditch of each square.  Then I added beads and buttons as an additional way to secure the large squares to the backing.


The little white buttons in around the watch are attached with French knots.





I'm glad this is finished!  I learned some good lessons as I proceeded, but now I'm ready to start something new that will allow me to use the weekly TAST stitches.

12 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Fabulous and glorious! This will certainly be a conversation piece for many years.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Seriously lovely, you must be so thrilled and proud with the result

Debra Spincic said...

Such an excellent piece and wonderful style of stitching. Do you think you will continue stitching in this style?

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Carolynn, this is truly a wonderful piece. I love all of your stitched embellishments. It is a real family treasure.

CarolynnS said...

I don't know. At this point, I feel like I've been shunting TAST stitches and learning new stitches to the side to finish this project that has a very pre-determined style of stitching. Nothing (for me) is very new in this piece; I've always done chains, lazy daisy, stem stitch, French knots. It's time to try some of the TAST stitches, in some new combinations!

cq4fun said...

I am so impressed by your creation! This will be an heirloom treasure for generations in your family.

Debra Spincic said...

Maybe it was one of those projects that you needed to cross off your "Gonna Do That" list and now that you have, you can move forward with other stitching.

Marie Costa said...

Gorgeous! Great design and colour choices, this is really striking.

Suztats said...

This is a wonderful piece, very balanced in design. I love all the hand-stitched motifs! This is sure to be loved and admired. Congratulations on your beautiful finish!

Cy said...

Oh my, this is good. Thank you Carolynn for sharing with us your journey down memory lane.
It's lovely to see all the detail stitching on the close-ups.
Job well done. Pat yourself on the back.

Barbara C said...

Congratulations on finishing this lovely piece. What a great memento for your family.

Peacock said...

It turned out wonderful!! I have really enjoyed watching this project progress. Thank you so much for sharing all the details along the way!