June 3, 2012

Carol - TAST, May Reveal

Sarah has had an amazing time in India.   Weaving her way through bazaars, teetering towers of pots and trinkets, experiencing the rich aroma of spices wafting from colourful spice pyraminds, rainbows of shimmering saris and rows of glittering gemstones. 

The purple motif and the yellow patch was overlayed with a scrap of purple and red mesh and couched v's and tiny red beads added.


Blossoms/kites whatever!


Half chevrons with beads off the trim and a button cluster on the purple ruffle.   The flower was made from a piece of braid which I ironed to fusible webbing, cut the leaf sections and edged with gold thread.


Folded and pleated silk ribbon decorated with bugle and sead beads captured with gold thread


Shisha experience!


Scrap of silk with a peacock feather design. which I appliqued, embroidered the design with red silk thread, before adding gold thread and beads.
Ends of gold braid secured with a cluster of beads that was once the beginning of a bead bracelet!


Really enjoyed India, which gave me a free rein to experiment.  Knotted Cretan Stitch is missing and will be carried forward into June making up the four stitches of TAST.

8 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Such a gorgeous feast for the eyes! I feel as though I have gone to India. Wonderful details. Just fabulous, Carol!

ladyhawthorne said...

I am just in total awe! Speechless, really. WOW!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Beautiful. Btw, I think Debra is warming up to purple ;-D

Love the peacock feather. The Shishas work wonderfully in to this block. It is all gorgeous! You have totally captured the essence of this journey. I am really enjoying your travels.

Judy S. said...

Wonderful! And THREE shishas no less. (1 just about did me in.;) Can't wait to see where MS. Sarah is headed next! Fabulous stitching, Carol!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Hoo-wee, as we say down South. That's really something! Beautiful!

cq4fun said...

How gorgeous this India block is. I particularly like that folded ribbon. It reminds me of something very Oriental, but I can't think what exactly. At any rate, I love the whole block.

Cy said...

Sorry I'm a bit late getting here ;)

Lots of lovely 'Bling' to see everywhere I look. Luxurious purple, and glorious gold. What an enjoyable block to view. Thanks for the treat.

Suztats said...

I am loving the fantastic eye candy! Superb block with all the rich colors, fabrics and bling I associate with India. Wonderfully stitched!