June 24, 2012

Carol - TAST, Cable Chain Stitch

On the Struggle Scale this was a biggy, not made easier by my trying a couple of placements, both of which looked quite wrong.  You can see holes in the ribbon to the left where reverse sewing  took place many times.  My placement problem was the Cable Chain forming a "stalk" leading to my floral applique.  So, should I rip it out yet again or embellish - well this is the result. 


Stitched using perle 8, perle 12 and a fine silk thread


I'd very much like to take credit for this combo, but that belongs to Jacqueline Enthoven from her book The Stitches of Creative Embrodiery, Slipped Cable Chain, page 140.  I think it forms a pretty stitch and feel sure will be used again.  So, if I've cheated then my apologies.








12 comments:

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

The slipped cable chain looks fantastic. I don't think it is cheating. You gave credit where credit is due. This section looks very rich.

Debra Spincic said...

I like the enhanced stitch. Given a bit of time, you would have thought of it too! *wink*

I especially like the curved arrangement.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

That's really beautiful. At first I thought it was the wheat ear stitch and wondered how hard it was to use different color threads. And how awesome you are to be able to do that! Regardless, it is really pretty and I will probably (shamelessly) steal it too. ;-)

ladyhawthorne said...

Gorgeous! Love the color combination you chose too, it's very striking.

Cy said...

Wow that is so rich. Love your colours. Getting inspiration from others is not classed as cheating in my book. It's what we all do here on TS.
Your three red bead clusters are a great addition too.

Suztats said...

I love that! It's really effective the way you've stitched this!
Sharing is not cheating. It's spreading a good idea! Thank you.

CarolynnS said...

What GREAT colors! I never would have imagined them together!
It's so fun and inspiring to see what others create! Yours is a delight!

Judy S. said...

So pretty! Isn't that what books are for, ideas? Can't wait to see the whole thing!

Barbara C said...

A nice combination of stitches and great colors.

Barbara C said...

Also, I really want to see the rest of that applique

cq4fun said...

Whoever gets the credit, you executed it, and it looks fabulous!

Peacock said...

I really love the color combo on your slipped chain combo. I like to think they're cute little fuzzy caterpillars! :)