I did some couching on my CQ Block 2:
I used regular embroidery floss to couch some No. 5 perle cotton which really did not show up as much as I thought it would. I plan to dress up a little more with beads...eventually. :-)
You can also see some of the details I've added on the photo tothe left. I love the way that turned out but it was time consuming. Check my blog for more pictures.
Here I've used the herringbone stitch in pink no. 5 perle over 1/8 ribbon
More herringbone using embroidery floss over 3/8" ribbon. This is a new AAQI quilt hopefully for March. Not my usual colors but I love them - a nice change from the CQ.
I did more work on the cq block this weekend. I am happy with the direction it's taking.