February 20, 2012

Deborah: TAST and CQJP

Oh boy, so far behind! I have been using the detached chain, aka Lazy Daisy, in both my cqjp pieces, and on the AAQI February quilt. This weekend I was struggling to get my February piece done for the AAQI and if anything could go wrong with it, it did. I was using silk dupioni and that stuff ravels so badly - I had to replace the binding a couple of times, and there were other mishaps. But it's done on  time, I just didn't get much else done. The end of the month always sneaks up on me - I think I have plenty of time but it just evaporates, or something comes up, or I go into a trance, or something. I will post pictures tonight, they are uploaded just not edited. And now, I'm off to work.





12 comments:

Cy said...

Don't forget though Deborah, this month is rather short on days, so the end of the month will really come sooner than we want it to.

Take a deep breath and relax. Things will not get done any quicker if you are in "burn-out" mode.

Debra Spincic said...

I don't know what calendar you are using but at my house, I am still thinking it is the middle of the month!

I do understand when materials don't behave. It's the quickest way to ruin good intentions.

Judy S. said...

It's amazing how fast a short month zips by, isn't it? But, you are way ahead of me!

Peacock said...

Great reminder, Cy!! Only one week left instead of two! ACK!!
I always think that I'm going to have the same mood and energy for creative endeavor that I do when I'm on a roll, but moment to moment I can just crash and burn out, and not get my energy back for days, sometimes weeks.

Suztats said...

Deborah, take the time you need. We'll be here when you're ready. Hugs

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Not to worry, you still have time.

cq4fun said...

I look forward to seeing those pictures, when you have time.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Not so much the end of the month but the 20th is the deadline for registering your AAQI quilt if you're in the monthly challenge. I'm on a roll & don't want to have to start all over. I guess it really doesn't matter that much, but I really want to stick with the monthly challenge.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I was nearly there, Cy. I think that was the problem with the AAQI piece. But I got it done, and registered in time!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Thanks, Suz!

Debra Spincic said...

I decided not to get as rigid with the AAQI as other challenges. I think I'll just make 12 or 15 and send them all in at once. It takes so long for them to show up on my page that I've given up on any timely themes.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I'd really like to know the criteria they use for deciding which ones go to the auction. Not that I care, really; almost everything I sent in sold at Houston. I'm just curious.