February 5, 2012
Barbara's Week 5 Herringbone Stitch
Thank goodness for the Superbowl. It allowed me to sit down and get this bit of embroidery done while the rest of the family watched the game. I got one seam done with two layers of herringbone stitch.
I'd been looking for something to help get my stitches even, and this peel and stick tape that I found in the embroidery isle at Michael's worked really well.
I positioned it on one side to do the light blue stitching, and then I flipped the same piece to the other side to do the larger dark stitch. It was easy to use the centimeter measurements, which conveniently have no numbers.
I stitched a butterfly over some iron on stabilizer, a method I showed in an earlier post. I used satin stitch and chain stitch. The little bird at the bottom was transferred onto a piece of linen and then cross-stitched on. Maybe I'll add some beads to the herringbone stitch. It needs a bit of zip.