December 9, 2011

Susan: Introduction

I'm so excited to be part of the group! I've been planning what to do and hoping I could stay on track. When Debra asked if I'd like to join all of you on this journey, I knew it was just what I needed to keep me focused on both TAST and CQJP12.

I'm sorting through my silks, cottons, and linens to find pastel spring colors. My hope is I have enough without buying anything, but it may be that I don't, since pastels are a new thing for me. I'm more likely to use either neutrals or jewel tones, and definitely lots of black. Part of my stretching in the JP is to change colors!

In my mind, I have nine 9-inch blocks, surrounded by four 3-inch borders, for a total of 13 blocks. I'm making a new calendar, obviously! I have to make a trip next week, but when I get back, I'm going to start the block piecing and see how far I can get without buying any background fabrics. I use only the natural fibers in my crazy quilting. I don't like the feel of others, and I'm really looking forward to this.

I commented on some of your blog posts today, and have more to read to catch up. I do have a cq blog, but it isn't on blogspot. It's cq4fun. There also hasn't been a lot of cq the last couple of years! More embroidery.

9 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Welcome! You may already know some of the ladies here.

ladyhawthorne said...

So glad you came to join in the fun!

ladyhawthorne said...

Just checked out your blog, love the little tree. I see you are in Knoxville, my dad is from Clinton, its definitely a small world.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Welcome to the group Susan! You and Suztats threw me off for a minute because Suz post was headed 'Susan' as you have here. It's early morning and it took me a moment to realize we have 2 Susans. I love pastels. I guess I love it all. Can't wait to catch up on your plans! Will you be including your TAST challenge as part of your blocks or are you doing the two as separate challenges? I enjoyed looking through your blog. My part of Iowa also had a lot of the 'lakes' as you saw in SD. 3 months of flooding. I also like your embroidered images. They have the feel of the embroidered dish towels I remember.

Deborah said...

Welcome, Susan.

Jane said...

Hi Susan, I don't have the time to spend at the Yahoo groups anymore and thats where I lost touch with you. I'm happy to see you here and know we have lots off awesome stitching to see from you.

Peacock said...

Welcome, Susan. Pleased to meet you!

Suztats said...

Welcome Susan! I look forward to getting to know you and seeing your work.
I think I'll sign as Suztats in future to avoid any confusion, okay? I'm off to check out your blog!

Cy said...

Hi Susan, lovely to meet you. Glad to hear you have a plan for your CQ and have a colour scheme and you are ready to go.
I had to go shopping for my fabric too, as my chosen colours are not in my stash. It's nice to take a break from the colours you work with normally.