December 23, 2011

Susan- Fairies Idea

Still no pictures yet, but I did order some pastel dupioni that came today. I've refined my ideas a little bit, too. I'm going to use a flower fairy in the center of each block . . . I think! It's my current idea, anyway. I bought a panel which I'm going to put on the back, and I think I'll bead and embellish that a bit, too. But that isn't for the project, just to finish the top into an actual quilt. I bought two of each flower fairy I liked, because I was doing things in pairs at that point, but I think I'll have a different one in each of these blocks. I'm going to start piecing blocks next week, and then I'll finally have some pictures!

10 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Can't wait to see pictures, I love fairies!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Sounds very pretty - flower fairies with pastel fabrics. Lots of embellishing possibilities too.

Debra Spincic said...

Everybody loves a good fairy!

Suztats said...

Silk, pastels, and fairies sound like a wonderful combination to me! I'm looking forward to pics.

Debra Spincic said...

Susan,
Are you going to embellish each fairy? If so, I will like to see that--I often struggle with how much to (or even if I should) embellish a printed image. I'd like to see what you decide is worth embellishing. On my Beautiful Mother piece, I have hankies with flowers and I wonder if it is enough that they are hankies with flowers or do I need to do something to the flowers. Always a dilemma so maybe you can be my guardian fairy & lead the way! *wink*

Jane said...

I just read a book where one girl taught her new friend how to "see" fairies and the magic that that way of "seeing" transformed her life, way into adulthood. I'm imagining the embellishing possibilities, what a great idea Susan!

jenclair said...

This should be a fun quilt with all kinds of eye candy!

Susan said...

I'm going to play the fairy embellishing by ear. I am NOT a person who encrusts blocks. I like clean lines and simplicity. While I admire other people's encrusted blocks, mine wind up looking just way over-crowded, like I didn't know when to stop. LOL So we'll see what each one needs.

Debra Spincic said...

Oh, I thought overdoing it was the point. Now you tell me.

Judy S. said...

Nice idea, Susan. If you make a quilt from your project, there's some nice fairy fabric around~ ask me how I know. LOL