December 31, 2011

Susan's Fabric Choices

I was sick all week and didn't get my blocks made, but I felt better today.  After a quilt project I had to do, I dragged out dupioni, batik and cotton pastels.


Next, I found some linen and other interesting fabrics, things with textures or tucks or even rick rack.


Finally, I dug through laces and narrowed it down to what I stuffed in these two baggies, and a few leftovers.


I also cut four of the Flower Fairy silkies with angles to keep from having the log cabin look on these.  You can see them at the top of the table in the first picture.  I like it on some things, but that's not what I want for this.

I'm all set to sew on Monday!  Only a week behind my planned schedule.

7 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Nice organized pile of supplies!

Judy S. said...

Is that fairy fabric I spy in the lower left of the first photo? Love that stuff...fairies, too!

Suztats said...

Yay Susan! Happy stitching!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Sorry you will sick! Hope you are back to feeling good. Love all the lace and looks like some great fabrics. Enjoy!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Nice fabrics. I love the fairies.

jenclair said...

Glad you are on the way to recovery! Some restful stitching is now in order.

Barbara C said...

Nice fabrics. I've only got a few blocks made myself, but I figure I have enough to start with.